By Samir Amin, Patrick Bond, Demba Moussa Dembele, Khadija Sharife, Charles Mutasa, Bernard Founou Tchuigoua, Sanusha Naidu, Tim Murithi, Hakima Abbas, Yves Niyiragira
Read Online or Download Aid to Africa: Redeemer or Coloniser? PDF
Similar african books
He Epic of Gilgamesh is among the world's oldest identified epics-it predates Homer through a number of centuries and is famous as seminal to the cultural heritage of the traditional close to East. Interpretation and decipherment of the tale of Gilgamesh--fragmentary and contradictory as its a number of editions are--has been a huge scholarly activity, spanning greater than a century.
Thabo Mbeki performs a vital function in international politics, yet to many of us he's an enigma. during this ebook Gumede pulls jointly his insights from years of reporting at the Mbeki presidency to create a worldly yet easy-to-read account of strength in South Africa. He explores the complicated place that Mbeki occupies and divulges the underlying political and private tensions that aid clarify the forces that experience created one of many world's strongest and enigmatic leaders.
Exorcising Devils from the Throne introduces a small African archipelago that's nearly unknown at the foreign level, highlights its post-colonial difficulties, censures those that have prompted or contributed to them, and proposes options. Celebrating independence from Portugal in 1975, tiny islands nestled by means of the coast of Western Africa have encountered tough seas.
Wissam S. Yafi argues that there are 4 dynamics resulting in inevitable switch within the Arab area: geopolitical, geoeconomic, geosocial, and technological. Yafi involves the realization that no procedure could be capable of help the dynamics in position with the exception of democracy.
- Let's Flip the Script: An African American Discourse on Language, Literature, and Learning
- A Coup for the Rich
- The Politics of Government-Business Relations in Ghana, 1982–2008
- The African Oceans and Coasts
- Comparative Political Transitions between Southeast Asia and the Middle East and North Africa: Lost in Transition
- Return to my native land (Poets)
Additional info for Aid to Africa: Redeemer or Coloniser?
6. African Women's Develop ment Fund (AW DF) ilnd Urgent Ac tion Fund Africa are notable in this rega rd. Bib liography Aleman y, C. et al (2003) ' Making women's rights and gender equali ty a priority in the aid effectiven ess agen da', AWI D and WIDE htt p://www. ss ues-ilnd -Anal ysislLi brarylPrimers-on-A id-Effccliveness, accessed 19 January 2009 Alexander, J. ilnd Mohanty, C. (eds) (1997) Femillis! 3 (n. org/cngllss uesand -Anal ys is/Li brary/Prime rs-on-Aid-Effecti veness, accessed 19 Jan uary 2009 AWID Primer 1\,' 0 .
Feminism takes its critical stance as a criti que o n misogy ny, the assum ption of male supe riority and centrality (Beasle y 2005, p. 17). It seeks to decons tru ct the fal sely un iversalised man, who is su pposed to re present us ai L can not acknowled ge its gend e r s pecifi city or its masculine pa rti cula rity. Fe minism not o niy d e-centres the usual ass umptio ns about what is central and what is at the ma rgins bu t also shifts the subjec t of analys is, in that the notion of woman is placed centre st age (Beas ley 2005, p.
I Nntions Research Institute for Social Development, United Na ti ons Development Programme Miller C. Vi, S. ~lilutiol1s, Lond on, Intermediate Tec hno logy Publications Pereira, C. ', Femlllist Africa, vol. 1. pp. 9-33, www. E (1997) 'Ring d ing in a ti gh t corn er', in J. Alexander an d C. :Is) Feminist Gellealogies. Colorlial Legacies. DfmocrQlic Fulures, New York, Rou tledge Subrahmanian, R (2004) Making Sense of Gender in Shiftin g Institu tional Contexts: Some Reflect io ns on Gend er Mainstreaming, Insti tute for Development Stu d ies.